The workflow below can help your team successfully treat fracture patients and improve client communication.
- Greet and provide support to the client
- Alert the veterinary care team immediately upon the patient’s arrival
- Provide or create a medical record
- Communicate information from the client to the team
- Receive the patient
- Triage the patient and check his or her vitals
- Stabilize the patient (eg, place the IV catheter, administer oxygen and fluids)
- Clip and clean the wounds; collect samples for culture, if needed
Sign in to continue reading this article
Not registered? Create an account for free to read full articles on www.veterinaryteambrief.com.