Mobility Questionnaire: Does Your Pet Show Signs of Pain?
Before your patients reach the examination room, have your clients complete the attached mobility questionnaire to evaluate such questions as:
- In general, how do you rate your pet’s health?
- Has your pet ever seen a veterinarian because of joint pain, stiffness, or limping?
- Has your pet’s activity level changed?
- Has your pet’s appetite or thirst changed?
- Does your pet have trouble in areas where it never used to need assistance?
- Has your pet become protective of itself?
- Does your pet have pain, swelling, or stiffness?
- How long can your pet walk without getting tired, limping, or stopping?
- Does your pet favor one side of its body more than the other?
- Did your pet’s signs begin slowly or suddenly?
- Has the joint pain suddenly gotten worse?
- In the morning, are the affected areas stiff for more than half an hour?
- Has your pet had a joint/bone injury or surgery?
- Which of the following methods do you use to manage your pet’s pain, swelling, or stiffness?
- Which medication and/or joint supplements do you currently give your pet?
- Does your pet have any of the following conditions?
- Is there anything else we should know about your pet?